- Main Section
- 👋 Introduction
- 🏃 Quick Start
- 💡 FAQ
- ⬇️ Downloads
- 🔢 Mining Profitability Calculator
- 📚 How-To Guides
- 🔧 Tools
- -- Developers --
- 🔥 Whitefire990
- 🐿️ SQRL
- 🎅🏼 DedMaroz
- 🏆 Top FPGAs
- -- Manufacturers --
- ❌ Xilinx
- 🐿 SQRL
- 🅱️ Bittware
- 🚍 TUL
- ◼️ HashAltcoin
- 🐣 Minor Boards
- -- Cooling --
- 💧 Water Cooling
- 💨 Air Cooling
- 🌊 Immersion Cooling
FPGA Mining on Windows3 min read
Using windows setup means you’re going to use 🔥whitefire990's bitstream or 🎅🏼dedmaroz's bitstream on your FPGA.
For starters, you will need to install these applications in order to run Whitefire’s bitstream/miner.
- Download the Windows x64 SETUP EXECUTABLE from the FTDI website:
- Direct download link:
After the download is finish, unzip and run the installation utility.
- Download and install the Visual C++ 2013 redistributable package:
- Download and install Vivado Lab Edition from the Xilinx website: https://www.xilinx.com/support/download.html
- Direct download link:
- Download NextJTAG and follow the instructions for windows installation:
In order to use NextJTAG, you’ll need to buy the licenses for each one of FPGA boards you have. So if you have 5 boards then you’ll need to purchase 5 NextJTAG license. You can buy the license at 🛒FPGA Guide Shop.
This is a common problem you find while running whitefire's bitstream. The mouse cursor might move randomly on its own. Here's the instruction on how to solve this:
- Click on the
Windows start button
- In the search box, type in:
regeditand press the enter key on your keyboard
- The Registry editor windows will open
- Navigate to the registry key named:
- On the right hand side of the registry editor window you should find subkey named:
- Double click on the
startsubkey and modify the value of the key to:
4and click the OK button to return to the registry editor window Note: setting the "start" subkey value to 4 will disable windows from looking for serial mice at startup
- Exit the regitstry editor window & Restart Windows.
Of course you want to mine for 24/7. Don't forget to turn off the sleep settings. This is how on Windows 10:
- Go to Power & sleep settings
When plugged in, turn off afterto
- Then click
Additional Power Settings
Change plan settingsof your selected plan
Change advanced power settings
- Make sure
Hard disk -> Turn off hard disk afteris
Now, you’re done! You can choose any 🔥whitefire990's bitstream or 🎅🏼dedmaroz's bitstream you want to run and start mining!
All credits are refer to Zetheron and NDS. We compiled this information so it’s more understandable for the community. We will add more information in the future.